Applicants are required to have completed the following steps in prior to submitting their application:
- Read and understood the Bowen Island Affordable Housing Ownership Unit Guidelines: Qualifications and Waitlist Process;
- Completed all sections of the Affordable Housing Purchase Application Form;
- Attached documentation confirming mortgage pre-approval amount signed by a financial institution representative or mortgage broker (Bowen Island’s First Credit Union branch is familiar with this process);
- Attached documentation confirming Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status;
- Attached documentation declaring any ownership in real estate anywhere in the world in the last five years; and
- Had the Application signed by a Commissioner for taking Affidavits for the Province of BC (This can be done free of charge by appointment at the Bowen Island Municipal Hall).
Full details are contained in the application package.